Audio Wrap Sound and Vibration Dampener is a peel and-stick,
self-adhering, 60-mil, high-quality, synthetic butyl rubberadhesive laminated to a heavy-duty, 4-mil Aluminum constraint layer. A siliconized release paper on the adhesive side contributes to the ease of installation. Protecto Wrap’s strict manufacturing and quality control guidelines assure consistent thickness to ensure consistent vibration dampening. The synthetic butyl rubber adhesive assures superior conformability, excellent low-temperature adhesion and exhibits high temperature flow resistance. The butyl compound adhesive has been tested and proven not to flow at elevated temperatures up to 300°F (149°C).
Audio Wrap will form a positive and immediate adhesive bond to sheet metal, glass, and wood speaker boxes.
SOUND DEADENING PROPERTIES
The Acoustic loss factor measures sound dampening. The closer to 1, the less vibration. Realistically, any rating over .25 is very significant. Sheet metal alone can measure .001 at 200 Hz. Independent testing concluded that Audio Wrap measured an average of .2465 on 4 testing points, while the best competitor
measured on average 30% lower at .1717 on the same test points.
(Always insulate doors first.)
Audio Wrap is specially engineered to stick in an unheated garage. There is no need for heat guns, as with competitors.
1. Remove the interior panel.
2. Clean the surface removing dirt and oil.
3. Pre-cut Audio Wrap using paper or cardboard templates.
4. Remove the release paper and apply directly to the sheet
metal. Use of a roller is recommended to reduce air bubbles.
5. Reinstall the panel to manufacturer’s specification.
- Color: Black
- Thickness: 60 mils ± 5 mils
- Tensile Strength: Pass
- Pliability: Pass
- Permeance: .001 avg.
- In-Service Temperatures: -30°F(-36°C) to 250°F(121°C)
- Acoustic Loss Factor @ Temperature
- (Using ASTM Method E756@200Hz)
- .082 @ +14˚F(-10˚C) .300 @ +86˚F(+30˚C)
- .116 @ +32˚F(+0˚C) .273 @ +104˚F (+40˚C)
- .180 @ +50˚F(+10˚C) .273 @ +122˚F(+50˚C)
- .272 @ +68˚F(+20˚C) .140 @ +140˚F(+60˚C)
- Federal Automobile Standards Test: PASS
- Temperature Range (Best Performance)
- 14˚F to 140˚F (-10˚C to 60˚C)
- Temperature Range (Resistance)
- -65˚F to 300˚F (-54˚C to 149˚C)
- STORAGE, HANDLING AND APPLICATION
- Store at room temperature.
- PACKAGING PRODUCT SIZE
- 15" x 10’ -1 roll, 12.5 square feet, insulates 2 doors.
- 15" x 10’ -2 rolls, 25 square feet, insulates 2 doors and Trunk.
- 15" x 10’ -3 rolls, 37.5 square feet, insulates 4 doors and Trunk.
- 15” x 50’ Bulk Roll, 12.5 square feet, insulates whole car.
PROTECTO WRAP COMPANY
1955 S. Cherokee St. • Denver, CO 80223
(800) 898-4842 • FAX (303) 777-9273